Home

Thursday, July 16, 2015

What is a Spiritual Post?


 
I learned today how to add new posts to the home page and link them to their correct page tab on the blog.  This is all a bit new to me and something I am striving to learn - blogging and all that it entails.  I am glad that I am someone who is always striving to learn as this task is no small feat for me ;)



As I was testing out my newfound skill, I realized that there is "nothing" to link to the spiritual tab and since the heartbeat of who I am is spiritual, I felt faint.
 
 
That's when I was gently reminded that ALL of who I am, all of who you are is spiritual.  We are all connected to God in each and everything we do.



1 Thessalonians 5:23 reminds us that we are whole only when we recognize that we are not one dimensional...


Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again.



In this way whether I am shopping, exercising, straightening my hair, eating food, whatever I do, I am living for my creator – the God of peace – the One from which all things began, from which all things are, and from which all things will ever be.


So although I may have one particular tab that says “spiritual,” truly if I am seeking wisdom for life, no matter what the “word” on the tab may be, it is a “spiritual” post.



In some ways I feel like I am writing this post as a comfort to myself, but I hope that this simple message is one that helps encourage you as you walk through your day today.



Life is all connected and all that we do brings glory and honor to our Lord (or not).

In short, there is no post that is not a spiritual post; however, on this blog, the posts labeled "spiritual" will include food for your mind with Word that will encourage growth for my (and your) spirit.

Love, Renee'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from my readers is a great blessing. Whether you just stop by to say "Hi," share your own story, or ask a question, please do let me know what you thought of the post.